- Beyond the Classroom
- Careers Education, Information, Advice & Guidance
- Southfields Academy Provider Access Policy
Southfields Academy Provider Access Policy
This policy statement sets out the school’s arrangements for managing the access of providers to pupils at the school for the purposes of giving them information about the provider’s education or training offer.
Students in Years 8-13 are entitled:
- to find out about technical education qualifications and apprenticeship opportunities, as part of a Careers Programme which provides information on the full range of education and training options available at each transition point
- to hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including technical education and apprenticeships, through options evenings, assemblies and group discussions and taster events
- to understand how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses
Management of provider access requests Procedure
A provider wishing to request access should contact Karen Frusciante, Assistant Headteacher Telephone: 020 8875 2600 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Opportunities for access
We welcome the opportunity for providers to speak to students and there a range of times in the school calendar when this can be facilitated including:
- The Careers Fair in the Autumn Term
- Careers Assemblies
- Tutor time careers activity throughout the year
- Options events in the Spring Term
Providers should contact Karen Frusciante to discuss a suitable opportunity.
Premises and Facilities
The school will make the Main Hall or classrooms available for discussions between the provider and students, as appropriate to the activity. The school will also make available audio-visual and other specialist equipment to support provider presentations. This will all be discussed and agreed in advance of the visit with the Careers Leader or a member of their team.