Year 11 Mock Examinations
Year 11 Mock Examinations starting Monday 2nd December 2019.
Between Monday 2nd - Tuesday 17th December all Year 11 students will sit their mock examinations. When students do not have exams they will be in their normal lessons. Please find the timetable below.
These examinations and controlled assessments are important because:
- The results from these mock examinations will determine the predicted grades that the teachers report for students.
- They provide an opportunity for students to practice sitting an examination in the subjects they study.
- They provide an opportunity for students to practice following an examination timetable and arriving at the right place at the right time with all the necessary equipment.
- Students can complete their controlled assessment and revision with the support of their teachers.
The examination timetable is below. Please download a copy and read through it with your child to make sure they know what examinations they have each day.
The timings of the school day have been extended for some of the examinations, please check the timetable for approximate times.
Please help your son / daughter to do their best in the examinations by ensuring that:
- Students are completing revision at home.
- Students arrive on time to all examinations in full school uniform.
- Students line up sensibly in the playground before the start of each examination.
- As they enter the examination, students are silent, they put their bags and coats at the front of the hall and then take their seats as quickly as possible without talking.
- Students should have the correct equipment for each examination - at least 2 pens (should be black ink), pencils, rubber, ruler and any subject specific equipment necessary. This equipment should be kept in a plastic, see-through bag.
- Attendance should be 100%, and students should arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of each exam.
- Mobile phones must be turned off, and either left at home or in their bags. Phones cannot be in students’ pockets during exams.
- Students know which exams they should be attending. Please display a copy of the exam timetable at home and ensure that your son/daughter has their own copy.
I hope all students achieve well in these exams. Good results should show students what they are capable of achieving. Poor results should encourage students to take responsibility for their own progress and address where they went wrong.
Please take the time to go through the attached timetable and code of conduct with your son/daughter so that they can maximise their potential and get it right in these exams. Students’ conduct in these exams must be perfect. Failure to behave in any manner other than that may result in non-entry for final examinations.
End of term arrangements.
Following the Mock examinations and the Achievement Assembly Year 11 will finish at the end of the day on Tuesday 17th December, this will be the last day of the autumn term for Year 11 students.
Any student that misses any of their mock examinations will need to come into school on Wednesday 18th December to sit them.
All Year 11 students are expected to return on Monday 6th January at 8.20am.
6th Form Application Deadline.
All 6th form applications need to be entered by Tuesday 7th January 2020. Please refer to the school website for further guidance on courses and the application process.
Year 12 Taster Sessions will be happening on Wednesday 15th January 2020
6th Form interviews will be happening throughout January and February, students will receive a letter outlining their interview date and time.
Year 11 Parents Evening is taking place on Wednesday 1st April 2020
Deputy Head teacher
Head of Year 11